I paced back and forth, looking at my watch. Time's ticking happily. Ping! A sms was coming in. "Care to night outing?" read the sms. I had been going out almost every night. Bar hopping was a familiar word. I put my mobile phone down on the table. Mariah Carey's My All playing in the background. My tears were warm on my cheeks.
"Should I postpone my flight?" or even better,
"I might just go to uni tomorrow and ask if I could extend my stay for another semester"
But another thought rushed in,
"Okey, be logic here! Just go home and if its meant to be, it is meant to be"
The latter I decided to do. I departed from Melbourne on November 12, 2006.
It was a wise decision, I suppose. Although the question of, what would've or could've happened if I stayed longer? sometimes still occurs in my mind.
He and I still converse, though not often. But it's amazing that we're still in touch, despite the fact that we have yet seen or known when we'd see each other again.
He's important to me and my life. He was my deal breaker. I owe him for making me feel that I was attractive enough and that I was worth it. Because of him, I knew how it felt to be treated like a Lady. He's a gentleman.
He was my 'turnover and life changing experience'.
He was my rainbow that shining through my doubt.
He was my breeze of hopes when I thought I was nothing.
He, a humble and true hero of my personal life, is Justin.
Days before I departed from Australia were uneasy. We only met a month prior... but it took him a week before finally asking me out.
He's a rare individual... a little odd compared to guys at his age. He'd limit his interaction with people because he's worried if he thinks too much. Strange, but I understood him.
"On the brighter side, you wont get too frustrated with me for too long" he once wrote to me.
He was fully aware that I'd leave soon. We both were just trying to make the most of everything.
A friend of mine took a photo of us candidly and the words that photo speaks thousands words just applies. We both were infatuated.
It is how it is now... I am here and he's an ocean apart. We both are working for our future.
I wish for time to cross our path sometimes in the future.... 'till then, I'd like to wish him a very merry life.... because I care about him and because he, more than anything else, deserves it.
"A smile and good life for you Justin!"
P.s:
Oh, have I mentioned that we both have the same birthday?
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment